TAHIMA Meeting: October 2015
Our regularly scheduled October workshop will be on Thursday, 10/16 from 6-8pm at TCC in building 13, room 122. This will feature Marc Leighton from GE Healthcare IT giving a talk about the changing landscape of health IT and how it is impacting the industry.
See the Events tab for more information.
Calling for Volunteers and Nominations!
We are currently looking for nominations and volunteers to run for our upcoming TAHIMA elections in November. We need nominees for the positions of:
1) First Year Student Director (x2): Student Directors shall represent the student membership at large as members of the Board of Directors. Student Directors shall serve for a one year term. Studens enrolled in the Tacoma Community College Health Information Technology Program or other CAHIIM educational program may be nominated to serve as student directors.
2) Secretary: The secretary shall keep full minutes of all proceedings of the association which are to be presented at the business meeting for correction and approval. The secretary will handle correspondence for the association.
3) President-Elect: The President-Elect shall assume the duties of President in the absence or inability of the President to act. The President-Elect shall be responsible for the education committee to include preparation and presentation of the monthly educational programs.
We would like TAHIMA members to consider running for one of the above board positions. Board member participation requires only a few hours per month and looks great on a resume! If you have any questions regarding these positions, please let us know and we'll get back to you!.
Calling all students - TAHIMA Needs YOU!
We are looking for 1 tech-savvy student who is interested in helping us keep our members up-to-date through social media. The selected candidate will be responsible for keeping our facebook and LinkedIN accounts updated with membership news and information. Responsibilities require attendance of at least 1 meeting per month and regular communication with board members.
This is a great opportunity to network with professionals in the HIM field and showcase your talents.
Interested students should submit a letter of interest to email@example.com.
ICD-10 OB Coding PowerPoint Resource
You can access the powerpoint presentation from Lorraine Papazian-Boyce, MS, CPC on 9/12. To download the handout, please click here.
Performance Improvement PowerPoint Resource
You can access the powerpoint presentation from Carrie Cordero, RHIA on 5/21. To download the handout, please click here.
'Pneumonia, Pressure Ulcers, and Sepsis Documentation' 'PowerPoint Resource
You can access the powerpoint presentation from Charlene Haslam, CPC, RHIT on 4/16. To download the handout, please click here.
'Living an Inspired Life' PowerPoint Resource
You can access the powerpoint presentation from our fabulous speaker Ghasem Nahvipour on 3/19. To download the handout, please click here.
2015 TAHIMA Board
Your 2015 TAHIMA Board is listed below. We look forward to another great year!
- Melody Draper, RHIT - President
- Anita Tolbert, RHIT - President Elect
- Barbara Spurlock, RHIT - Past President
- Mandy Bjork, RHIT - Secretary
- Corinne Jarvis, RHIA - Treasurer
- Kathy DeWitt – 2nd year Student Director
- James Dycus – 1st year Student Director
TAHIMA Email Notification
As of March 2008, TAHIMA has transitioned from physical mailings to email notifications for workshop announcements. If you'd like to be added to our email distribution list, please visit our membership page and fill out the Email Notification form. Also, if you've changed email addresses, please let us know!